Drop us a note below to get in to contact[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
It’s our birthday!
November is always our favourite time of year – our birthday! This year Double-Barrelled turns three, and after having to celebrate our second anniversary during a lock down we’ve decided to make our third birthday the best yet. With a whole array of exciting events, beer launches and more November 2021 has been BIG over at DBHQ.
2021 has been a both challenging and incredible year for us – with the world reopening we’ve gone full steam ahead, and our brewery is growing:
– With new tanks arriving (and more coming soon!) our production volumes have increased massively, where before we had a total fermentation capacity of 25,300 pints we now have room for 42,200 – and we’re still struggling to keep up with demand!
– Our recipes have evolved and have continuously improved with every batch – each little tweak to our water treatment, hop dosing, malt bill and yeast pushes our beer to the limit, always with dedication to quality and craft.
– Our team has grown! With such huge plans for our future we have invested in the right people to get us there – with an extra 7 members of full time staff all pulling in the right direction to spread the word (and love) of all things DB
Three very special collaborations
Three years in the brewing industry goes by very quickly, and we’ve made some fantastic friends along the way – from the mentorship and guidance of experienced brewers, meeting and bonding with other young brewers of similar backgrounds to us and to chance meetings that have forged strong and lasting relationships. We are incredibly lucky to call so many notable and respected brewers our friends, and there is nothing better than hearing that these people love our beer and share our vision for what Double-Barrelled can be!
At the heart of our third birthday celebrations are three beers, all brewed collaboratively with some of our closest friends – taking the best bits of our favourite beer styles to brew and to drink, and turning them up to 11:
– Everything But The Bulbs Brewed in collaboration with Berkshire stalwarts Elusive Brewing and Siren Craft Brew, this towering Imperial Stout takes it’s inspiration from Reading’s previous life as the world’s capital of biscuit production. Full of flavours inspired by classic biscuits with light and dark muscovado sugars, molasses, treacle and golden syrup this beer is indulgent, rich and complex
– Infinite Reflections This beer is a celebration of the hop! We’ve partnered with our good friends at Boxcar and Duration – as three breweries who met at a similar place in our individual journeys we wanted this Triple Dry Hop IPA to showcase the progression of our hop forward beer styles, with a hugely refined 35G/L dry hop of Mosaic Cryo, Mosiac Lupomax, Rakau and our first use of boutique hop Strata.
– The Gum Wall We are proud to fly the flag for fruited Kettle Sours in the UK, and feel honoured that to many our brewery has become synonymous with the style, and there was no way that we couldn’t include a sour beer in our birthday plans. Joined by brewers Vocation and Amundsen who also share our love of fully loaded and fun fruited beers – this strong sour has heaps of sour cherry puree and lime. Lipsmackingly tart and bracingly sour this truly encapsulates what we love about this style of beer.
Time To Party
It’s not a birthday without a party! After missing out on throwing a big birthday bash for our second birthday, we wanted our third to be truly special – the freshest and most exciting beers, the tastiest street food and the most banging tunes at the Taproom. Our Taproom is the heart of our brewery – a welcome space for all to come and soak up the brewery atmosphere, there really is not better way to enjoy our beers than on the spot where they were made (and to clear some space for dancing too!)
This weekend we were joined by over 300 guests at the brewery for a birthday bash like no other, and as always we were blown away by the support and encouragement of our friends and customers We couldn’t have made it through 2020 without such local loyalty, and it’s only spurred us on to keep growing, improving and learning, so here’s to you!
DB on Tour!
Picking up where our birthday party left off is a mammoth tour of the UK’s best and most loved indie beer venues. With 18 dates in the calendar from south coasters Beer No Evil in Worthing all the way up to Vocation’s Assembly Underground in Leeds we’re taking our beers on the road can’t wait to share them with you all. Check out our social channels here for more information and sneak peaks!
So all that leaves us to say, whether you are coming down to the brewery, attending or hosting an event, celebrating in spirit or have ever enjoyed a DB beer – THANK YOU. You are keeping our business, our spirits and dreams alive and we are so grateful!
As well as our friendly beer fans, we wouldn’t be where we are today without both our wonderful trade customers, from the pub round the corner to the bottle shop up in Scotland, from some of our newer customers like our local theatre and favourite restaurant; every purchase made means the world.
And of course, we certainly wouldn’t be where we are today without our epic team, who have grown with us along the way, getting into the spirit of all things DB. Prepping for the birthday was the ultimate team effort – from the recipe design, collaboration and brewing of the birthday beers, to packaging, to planning, prepping, attending events and working our party, DB has been all hands on deck party mode for a few months, and there’s still a few weeks to go.
Right, before we gush any more, we are going to plonk on the sofa now with a cup of tea some pain killers, but know you’ve left us happy and grateful as ever. Here’s to more years, surrounded by great people and great beer.
Mike, Luci & the whole of team DB.
FREE LOCAL DELIVERY OVER £30 | FREE NATIONAL DELIVERY OVER £50